Sunday, May 15, 2011

Steven Curtis Chapman "Yours" New Verse

This is such a sobering song, especially the new verse written after his little daughters fatal accident, three years ago this week. God has truly used this man, and his family to minister His love, forgiveness, salvation and restoration to hurting and even dying people. I thank Steven for sharing his gift of music, but more importantly for being transparent and allowing us a glimpse into the secret moments as God deals with his soul.




"YOURS" (With New Verse) Written and Sung by Steven Curtis Chapman

I walk the streets of London,
And notice in the faces passing by,
Something that makes me stop and listen,
My heart grows heavy with the cry.

Where is the hope for London?
You whisper and my heart begins to soar;
As I'm reminded,
Every street in London is Yours! Oh, yes it is, God!


I walk the dirt roads of Uganda,
I see the scars that war has left behind.
Hope like the sun is fading,
They are waiting for a cure no one can find.

And I hear children's voices singing,
Of a God Who heals, and rescues and restores
And I'm reminded
That every child in Africa is Yours!

CHORUS
And its (we) all (are) Yours, God, Yours God,
Everything is Yours!
From the stars in the sky,
To the depths of the ocean floor!
And its all Yours God, Yours God,
Everything is Yours!
You're the Maker and Keeper,
Father and Ruler of everything!
It's all Yours!


And I walk the sidewalks of Nashville,
Like Singapore, Manilla and Shanghai.
I brush by the beggar's hand and the wealthy man,
And everywhere I look, I realize,

That just like the streets of London,
For every man and woman, boy and girl,
All of creation,
This is our Father's world!

BACK TO CHORUS

I've walked the valley of death's shadow,
So deep and dark that I could barely breathe.
I've had to let go of more than I could bear,
And I've questioned everything that I believe.

But still, even here, in this great darkness,
A comfort and a hope comes breaking through.
And I can say in life, or death,
God we belong to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment