Sunday, July 25, 2010

Breakfast Pasta - Mediterranean Style

I woke up this morning craving one of my favorite restaurant breakfast dishes. Since I didn't feel like getting dressed and going out (uh-ah, not today!) I started going over in my head the ingredients I'd need to make it. I had everything! Bingo! Here is my recipe for "Breakfast Pasta Mediterranean Style". I hope you enjoy! And, please come back and give me some feedback. Thanks!


BREAKFAST PASTA - MEDITERRANEAN STYLE

Ingredients:
1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 stick butter (smart balance will work, too!)
1/2 large carton of liquid egg
1 medium onion
2 to 4 cloves fresh garlic, grated
1 carton, cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 large bag baby spinach leaves
1/2 block feta cheese, broken into small pieces
1 box linguine, cooked
salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to directions on package. While pasta is cooking. Chop onion, peel garlic cloves and wash and slice cherry tomatoes and set aside.

In a microwave safe bowl, pour eggs and a dash of salt and pepper. Wisk together and place in microwave 2 1/2 minutes. Take out, stir and place back in microwave for 1 minute. Repeat until eggs are scrambled.

If pasta is finished cooking, drain and leave in collander.

Heat oil and butter in large skillet. Add onion to pan. Stir until heated through, approx. 1 to 2 minutes. Grate fresh garlic into skillet, add tomatoes and continue cooking another few minutes. Add spinach leaves until wilted. Incorporate approx. 3/4 of cooked pasta into skillet and toss thoroughly. With a fork, lightly break up scrambled egg into bite sized pieces and gently toss in skillet with pasta. Top with plenty of feta cheese and another dash of salt and pepper to taste. Mix and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment